Why Hire A Property Manager
Owning rental property is a significant investment with many benefits. But there can be many headaches, and managing your property can take up much of your valuable time. Hiring a firm to manage your property can alleviate those headaches and bring significant value and expertise to your investment.
And you’ll have more time to relax.
So how do you know if you need a property manager? You might try asking yourself the following questions.
- Have experience managing a wide range of rental properties, from high-end residential to multi-family apartment and condominium complexes?
- Have extensive knowledge of the fair housing and landlord/tenant laws in many jurisdictions?
- Have a maintenance staff and relationships with contractors to ensure that your tenants get 24-hour service at reasonable prices?
- Have reliable means to determine fair market rent and returns on your investment?
- Have the proper notices and legal processes to deal with non-paying tenants?
- Have current, professionally crafted leases, related agreements and forms to minimize exposure to liability should a tenant sue?
If you don’t have the experience or access to the above, it’s wise to hire a property management firm. For as little as 10% of the monthly rent, you won’t have to touch anything. Our team of responsive professionals will take care of the headaches and avoid the pitfalls for you.